Download the rules and regulations for all the main disciplines of cycling.
You can now download the 2022 Handbook:
2022 British Cycling Technical Regulations
Process for amending the Technical Regulations
The following process has been created for updating the Technical Regulations going forward:
- Suggestions may be sent in at any time by completing the Member Survey or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Member Survey will be publicised annually in January/February. Communications will go out to: clubs, team managers, event organisers, commissaires and to members of the Federation Commission.
- Competition Officers to review suggestions and UCI regulations to check for amendments that may apply to the Technical Regulations.
- Discipline Commission meetings shall take place from March onwards – they will be asked to review proposed changes to Technical Regulations (including Scottish and Welsh commissions); this will be a standing item on their agendas.
- Technical Commission to review proposed amendments in July.
- Updates to the Technical Regulations to be drafted, ready for next Discipline Commission meetings in September.
- Technical Commission (or Board, if necessary) to meet and approve any changes – usually October.
- Handbook goes to print in December.
Please note that the 2021 Regulations will continue to be adhered to until 28 February 2022.
Other regulations and policies
UK Border Agency
Previous editions of the Handbook can be found here.