We want Britain to become a true cycling nation.
Our Great Britain Cycling and Para-cycling Teams are world-renowned for producing a glittering array of Olympic, Paralympic, world champions and Tour de France winners.
British Cycling is also hugely successful at inspiring new people to ride – more than two million people now cycle every week. We’re working to increase this further and we want to see much more everyday cycling by creating a more desirable cycling environment.
Major British businesses urge politicians to #ChooseCycling
A network of major businesses has formed a national group to urge politicians to form an integrated transport strategy for cycling, British Cycling announced today.
Britain can be home to world class cycling cities, says Boardman
The investment and ambition that Cambridge is putting into cycling will create a world leading cycling city in Britain for the first time, British Cycling’s policy adviser Chris Boardman will say today at a conference in the city.
The Big Cycling Debate in pictures
Images from the UK Cycling Alliance and News UK's pre-general election multi-party cycling debate.
Contact your council about cycling issues
Your local council and police force is responsible for the vast majority of issues relating to the roads, cycle lanes and traffic using them. If you spot a problem please report it. The more of us that do, the higher the priority it will be given.
- Contact your local council to report problems related to the state of the roads such as potholes, road works, parking issues or other obstructions.
- Contact the police if you suffer an incident on the road including any collisions, cases of bad driving or if you suffer verbal abuse.
- If you are not satisfied by the repose of the council or police you can contact your local councillor or MP.
If you are a British Cycling Member, contact our Incident Helpline for legal advice
If you are have been involved in a cycling incident which was not your fault and need legal advice and assistance to pursue a claim please call the Incident Helpline on 0161 274 2015 or go here for more information. This benefit is available to Ride, Race Gold and Race Silver members of British Cycling.
Send Chris Boardman your videos of good and bad cycling in the UK
We all know there lots of terrible cycle lanes out there but there are also plenty of good ones. Share them with Chris and he will try and use them to highlight things at a national level.
Send you video links to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a member
We campaign on behalf of cyclists of all kinds. We respond to concerns of our members, and use our members' support to influence change.
Whether you race or ride there's a British Cycling Membership to suit your needs and your pocket, giving you high quality third party insurance and legal support, access to discounted bike insurance, cycle rescue, discounts at leading cycle stores and much more.
Some of our recent successes include:
- Providing a platform for David Cameron to announce his ambition for the country
- Helping Boris develop and launch his vision for cycling in London
- Persuading the Government to look at how the justice system protects cyclists
- Making it easier to hold road races by reducing police chargesIncreasing the national budget to improve dangerous junctions
- Supporting the Get Britain Cycling inquiry