Develop your practice and explore a range of coaching strategies to be able to adapt activity in a discipline and relevant domain, to specific rider needs.
What is involved?
Develop a deeper understanding of coaching practice through a blended learning approach, with eLearning, online seminars culminating in a face-to-face development day. Explore a range of coaching strategies and understand how people learn and learn motor skills. With guided tutor support and experiential practice, understand how people are motivated and how to create an environment to optimise learning and where people become more self-determined.
A tutor will be on hand during online seminars and your practical face-to-face day, to support you in applying your knowledge to the riders you coach, whether you are in a participation, development or performance domain.
- Understanding learning & development: BMX Freestyle
- Understanding learning & development: BMX Race
- Understanding learning & development: Multi Discipline
- Understanding learning & development: Cycle Speedway
- Understanding learning & development: Off Road
- Understanding learning & development: Road
- Understanding learning & development: Track
What can you do as a result of this course?
You’ll be able to further develop the skills to adapt activity in a discipline and relevant domain to specific rider needs. With a further understanding of learning, development and skill acquisition, this module will provide a springboard to make the step for you become a Trainee (via Coaching in Context module), a fully qualified Coach (via Route 1 of Experiential Learning module) or an Endorsed Coach (via Route 1 of Experiential Learning module).
What will you learn on this module?
This module will cover topics such as:
- Understanding riders
- Rider development
- Theories of learning
- Skill acquisition
- Practical coaching
- Applying concepts in practice
- Coaches will be supported to experiment, adapt and refine theories in practice
How will I be assessed?
Rather than completing an end-of-learning assessment task, the tutor will ensure that they check in with you throughout your learning experience to assess your level of competence and understanding along the learning journey.
How long is the Understanding Learning & Development module?
The learning experience is a blend of online and face-to-face learning, supported by mentoring from your course tutor throughout.
- Average online learning 2 and half hours
- 4 x 1hr online seminars
- 1 face-to-face discipline specific development day
This blended learning will take place across a period of 5 weeks and includes 2 weeks access to online learning.
How much does it cost?
- BMX Freestyle - £195.00
- BMX Race- £195.00
- Multi Discipline - £195.00
- Cycle Speedway - £120.00
- Off Road - £195.00
- Road - £195.00
- Track - £240.00
What do I need to register?
- Be at least 16 years of age (restrictions apply to legal age of responsibility)
- Access to the internet
*Please note online booking closes 1 day before access to online learning begins
Interested in hearing when these courses are available to book? Please complete our short form to express your interest.