The Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Cycling is aimed at coaches already qualified at Level 1, who have experience of delivering independent coaching sessions to groups of people.
This qualification enables coaches to independently create, deliver and evaluate a series of cycling coaching sessions to groups of beginner and intermediate level riders. A large portion of the course is made up of practical activities, ensuring coaches have an opportunity to experience delivering and participating within coaching sessions.
- Level 1 Award in Coaching Cycling or equivalent.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- A commitment to complete the learning programme within 12 weeks.
- The opportunity to coach. You will be required to independently plan and deliver six hours of coaching. If you do not have riders to coach you should not enrol on the Level 2 qualification.
- Access to the internet and a computer.
- Completion of safeguarding and protecting children training within the last three years.
- Coaching insurance.
- Valid and current emergency first aid certificate (minimum 6 hours), or equivalent.
The learning programme
This programme includes three days of face-to-face delivery, as well as online knowledge development and independent coaching experience with support from a Coach Mentor. All components of the programme will need to be completed in order for you to achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Cycling
The course is made up of 13 modules covering topics such as where to and what to coach, delivering activities, rider performance, safe coaching environment, developing sessions and evaluating your coaching.
You will have 12 weeks to complete the learning programme. You will be given further course details two weeks prior to the start date.
You are not required to complete any pre-course work, though you must have a current emergency first aid qualification and provide evidence of having, within the last three years, completed safeguarding and protecting children training, preferably in a sports context.
If you will be coaching riders under the age of 18 years or vulnerable adults, you may require a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced check.
You will be assessed via the following tasks:
- Task 1 – plan and deliver a 15-minute practical session to a small group of peers on day two of the course.
- Task 2 – online multiple-choice assessment to be completed between days two and three of the course.
- Task 3 – delivery and evaluation of a series of six coaching sessions to a group of riders you have identified between days two and three of course.
- Task 4 - plan and deliver a 15-minute practical session to a small group of peers on day three of the course.
How much does the qualification cost?
The course cost is £485. There may be some financial assistance available. Take a look at our funding pages to see what funding streams are available in your region.
Timetable of courses with available places
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Location||Reference||Availability|
|05/05/2018||06/05/2018||28/07/2018||Daventry||Ref 1859||Book Online|
|05/5/2018||06/05/2018||28/07/2018||Burgess Park, London||Ref 1865||Book Online|
|12/05/2018||13/05/2018||04/08/2018||Southampton||Ref 1841||Book Online|
|26/05/2018||27/05/2018||19/08/2018||Glasgow||Ref 1778||Book Online|
|09/06/2018||10/06/2018||04/08/2018||Hull||Ref 1849||Book Online|
|16/06/2018||17/06/2018||08/09/2018||Inverness||Ref 1780||Book Online|
|30/06/2018||01/07/2018||15/09/2018||Nottingham||Ref 1874||Book Online|
|08/09/2018||09/09/2018||01/12/2018||Usk||Ref 1878||Book Online|
|15/09/2018||16/09/2018||08/12/2018||Guisborough||Ref 1803||Book Online|
|15/09/2018||16/09/2018||08/12/2018||Taunton||Ref 1809||Book Online|
|15/09/2018||16/09/2018||09/12/2018||Sheffield||Ref 1833||Book Online|
|22/09/2018||23/09/2018||15/12/2018||Aberdeenshire||Ref 1785||Book Online|
|13/10/2018||14/10/2018||08/12/2018||Lincoln||Ref 1852||Book Online|
|20/10/2018||21/10/2018||05/01/2019||Leighton Buzzard||Ref 1864||Book Online|
|27/10/2018||28/10/2018||19/01/2019||Glasgow||Ref 1789||Book Online|
How to apply
You can apply for a course by clicking on the book online tab next to your course choice, or alternativley completing a course application form.
Tel: 0161 274 2060