Applications for Ignite Your Coaching are currently closed, but you can still express interest in joining the programme by emailing email@example.com.
This is an innovative opportunity to receive mentor support from coaches and leaders at the top of their field, with experience that can help you to realise the full potential of a career or voluntary role in cycle coaching.
On top of practical coaching advice, you will have access to ongoing education and leadership development opportunities. Such insight is increasingly important in making coaching a high-quality and sustainable profession, with topics including marketing, publicity, social media and leadership.
If you have already qualified as a cycling coach (or are working towards completion) and want to be involved in a project that will support your professional development, we’d love to hear from you. You may be new to coaching, have taken a break in recent years or be an active coach looking for the next challenge.
By joining the Ignite programme you will connect with a community that is working together to increase the number of female coaches and enable existing coaches to reach their potential. The initiative was started by British Cycling and we have worked with Reach from Sports Coach UK and Women Ahead to bring you the most high quality and innovative support available.
The role is set out in full in the downloadable role description. This also sets out the competencies (qualifications, skills, experience and attitude) that we are looking for in coaches joining the programme.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the application form.
As a coach you will receive:
- nationally recognised mentor training
- individual mentoring support from an experienced coach over a 10-12 month period, consisting of reflective questioning, advice and guidance (delivered both face-to-face and online/by phone)
- structured opportunities to assist and collaborate on a coaching programme e.g. with a Go-Ride Coach
- engagement in our online forum to share ideas and discussion with peers
- a place on the Leadership Development Programme, with events and opportunities to further develop skills in leadership, networking, social media and marketing - and share experiences with your peers.
You will be required to:
- coordinate, with other coaches as relevant, to plan, deliver and evaluate a minimum of 12 high quality coaching sessions for targeted groups of participants
- organise and participate in eight to 10 mentoring sessions with your mentor (delivered both face-to-face and online/by phone)
- complete survey and monitoring information to support us to develop the network and demonstrate impact (around two short surveys per year)
- engage as part of the Ignite community by actively seeking and giving feedback, sharing resources and supporting others - both face-to-face and online/by phone
- share your experiences and evidence of good coaching practice with peers and within the wider cycling and sport community.
Applications are currently closed, but you can still express interest in joining the programme by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll let you know as soon as they reopen.