Club type: Accredited Go-Ride
Affilation status: Active
Total club members: 119
- Club Sponsors:
- The Bike Factory
About our club
BIRKENHEAD NORTH END CC - Normal Club Activity
1.Saturday & Sunday morning club runs from the Eureka café at 10am, 10am & 9.30am respectively. Fast & slow groups.
2. Mid week evening training for seniors, Tuesdays & Thursdays in the Summer from the Glegg Arms at 6.00pm, Two open time trials and two open road races each season.
3. Midweek evening club time trials from 5mls to 10mls, April to August.
4. Social events include an annual prize presentation and dinner, an informal Xmas Tea, summer BBQ and the odd training weekend away.
5. Club meetings are held the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 8pm in the Thornton Hough Church Hall. The club AGM is held in December. All members are encouraged to attend as all major club decisions are made by consensus.
6. All members over 18 are expected to marshal at least 2 events during the season.
Youth Section Activity:
7. Road safety & skills training for Juveniles at the Bebington Oval from April through November, or short off road rides from December through March, most Saturday mornings at 9am weather permitting; ring Gary Bateman on 07767 685027
8. During the lighter nights, Monday evening group training at Wirral International Business Park at 6.30pm for 6.45pm. Ring Geoff Brandt on 07770 577784. Otherwise turbo training at the Dee Sailing Club, Station Rd, Thurstaston from 6.15pm to 7.45pm.
9. Led cycle rides for juveniles on Saturday morning from the Eureka café, Two Mills at 10am weather permitting, ring John Simpson on 07773 692477. Fast & slow groups.
10. Club road bikes may be available on loan per session. Arrange with Geoff Brandt 07770 577784.
11. A number of Go-Ride grass track races for Juveniles, May to September at the Bebington Oval, ring Geoff brandt 07770 577784..
12. Support for midweek racing for juveniles, juniors and seniors at Litherland Sports Centre and Huyton velodrome from April to September promoted by Merseyside Cycling Development Group.
13. Support for track training at Manchester Velodrome every 4 – 6 weeks. Cost £12 including bike hire & coaching. Promoted by MCDG.
1. The Secretary & Club Captain is Andy Templeman 07973 802331
2. The Go-Ride Club Welfare Officer is Annie Smith 07704 475078
3. Club web site www.bnecc.co.uk
For monthly activities and enquiries please see our club web site www.bnecc.co.uk
Birkenhead North End CC is affiliated to British Cycling and is a Go-Ride Registered club.
How to join our club
This club has not yet setup online purchasing of club membership subscriptions.