HSBC UK Go-Ride Racing is British Cycling's exciting entry-level competition programme, which offers local competition for novice cyclists under the age of 16, helping young people to make a gradual transition into competitive cycling.
Racing events are delivered across the country by Go-Ride Clubs and HSBC UK Go-Ride Coaches, with a range of prizes awarded, including certificates, medals, wristbands and trophies.
A British Cycling racing licence is not required and the events are strictly aimed at novice racing cyclists.
Including entry-level Go-Ride Racing opportunities as part of your club activities will give young riders the chance to experience the thrill and excitement of bike racing.
Hosting a Go-Ride Racing event is easy, all you need is a Level 2 coach and some enthusiastic volunteers. There are many fantastic reasons to get involved:
- Receive resources and equipment to help you host your events
- Receive British Cycling prizes to award at your events
- Events promoted on the British Cycling events calendar
- Use of the British Cycling event organiser dashboard
- Use of the British Cycling online entry system
- Public liability insurance for racing competitions
- Support from British Cycling’s regional HSBC UK Go-Ride team
Free kit bag for clubs hosting two or more races per year
Clubs that introduce Go-Ride Racing for the first time are entitled to a free kit bag, including everything you could possibly need for running a race:
- Set of numbers
- Six race official bibs
- Two whistles
- Two clipboards
- 50 plastic posts
- Two barrier tapes (500m)
- Two promotional banners
- Set of four race control flags
- Set of 20 course signs
- Pack of safety pins
A BMX and cycle speedway specific bag is available that includes protective pads and gloves.
On top of the equipment bags, we offer a prize package to event organisers holding a four event race series. Their contents will help you to reward the effort and achievements of riders and make their racing experience memorable. These include:
- 6 x sets of gold, silver, bronze medals
- 50 x certificates for the series
- 2 sets of gold, silver, bronze trophies.
Registering an HSBC UK Go-Ride Race
You will need access to the event organiser tab on your British Cycling dashboard. To get access, please contact email@example.com.
You will then be able to follow the steps below:
- Go to the evet organiser tab,
- Select 'create new event' and follow the online instructions
- Select 'competitive event' and the relevant discipline
- Select 'Go-Ride Racing' when you create a race within the event
- Complete all relevant boxes and proceed to next step
- Follow all further instructions until the event has been submitted.
These will be submitted to the Go-Ride team for checks and approval. Once approved, you'll receive confirmation, and the event will appear on the events webpage.
Andrew Webster, development officer - clubs and groups
Tel: 0161 274 2019 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org