What is an event organiser?
An event organiser has the overall responsibility for the organisation of a cycling event (racing or non-competitive).
Overview of responsibilities
- Agree date, budget, format and delivery & register event
- Book HQ; recruit: first aid, volunteers, marshals, NEG, AMs
- Carry out risk assessments & demonstrate a duty of care
- Contact and communicate with all team members
- Publicise and promote events and produce race programme
- Manage entries and communicate with riders
- Organise equipment and signage
- Conduct briefings and debriefings
- Complete administration of forms, payment of levy and expenses
- Compile race report and results.
Benefits of being an event organiser
- Free Bronze British Cycling membership (upon approval of role)
- Support from British Cycling before, during and post tasks
- Access to a dedicated dashboard for event organiser including useful resources, templates, and guides to help with the delivery of the event
- Event insurance
- Event management system
- Online entry
- Event listing and marketing
- Support from British Cycling's regional events team
- Event timing
- Risk assessment guidance
Fulfil event organisation requirements within the standard timescales.
How to get involved?
To find out more about cycling event organisation in your region please contact your regional events officer in the first instance.
Events Development, British Cycling, Stuart Street, Manchester, M11 4DQ
firstname.lastname@example.org | 0161 274 2000