If you are planning on organising an event that includes anything from a challenging sportive to a competitive cyclo-cross race, British Cycling can help you each step of the way.
With up to 4,000 events registered with us every year, British Cycling work hard on ensuring that all of our organisers have access to the support and information needed to deliver to the standards that we expect.
All British Cycling registered event organisers will receive the following benefits:
- Up to £10 million public event liability event insurance to cover you and your event team.
- Dedicated legal team to deal with any insurance queries and claims.
- Further information on the insurance benefits can be found here.
Event management system
- Create, register, and manage your event all in one place.
- Exclusive access to a personalised organiser dashboard to monitor and promote your event listings.
- An extensive pool of event organiser resources, including templates, and guidance when planning an event.
- A cost effective and user friendly online entry system to manage entries. This is FREE* for registered organisers to use.
- Ability to create event specific reports to analyse and evaluate your event entries and finance.
Event listing and marketing
- Promote your event to over 290,000 British Cycling visitors every month through a registered event listing on the most extensive cycling calendar in the UK.
British Cycling's regional events team
- Dedicated events specialist in your region for event support and advice on all disciplines.
- Access to event equipment free of charge, subject to availability.
- Preferential rate from HS SportsTiming exclusively through British Cycling for registered sportive organisers.
- Ability to publish rider times via your organiser dashboard for riders to view.
- Guidance and assistance with risk assessment.
*There is a small admin fee of £1 per entry, which is an optional cost if the organiser wishes to absorb this from the rider.