Download rules and regulations for all the main disciplines of cycling.
You can now download the 2021 Handbook:
British Cycling also publishes its rulebook which is available to order when you join or renew your membership. It is also distributed free to all race officials and clubs. Call 0161 274 2010 for details.
Bye Laws and definitions have been updated and came into force on 22 July 2021.
This roadmap shows where changes to the Bye Laws have been made:
2021 British Cycling Technical Regulations
Process for amending the Technical Regulations
The following process has been created for updating the Technical Regulations going forward:
- Complete the Member Survey using the link below or email your suggestion to email@example.com. Please specify a regulation number wherever possible to assist us in reviewing your suggestion.
- Commission meetings shall take place from March onwards – they will be asked to review proposed changes to Technical Regulations (including Scottish and Welsh commissions); this will be a standing item on their agendas.
- The Member Survey will be publicised annually in April/May.
- We shall be drafting updates to the Technical Regulations, ready for next Commission meetings in September.
- Technical Commission (or Board, if necessary) to meet in December and approve any changes.
- Handbook goes to publishers in December.
Please note that the 2020 Regulations will continue to be adhered to until 28 February 2021.
Other Regulations and Policies
UK Border Agency
Cycle Speedway Directory
Previous editions of the Handbook