Downhill World Cup National Team Information
Posted: 27th January 2010
Here's the latest update from British Cycling's Events team, outlining the UCI's entry requirements for riders wishing to compete in a 2010 World Cup MTB event.
- All riders wishing to ride a World Cup event must have at least 20 UCI points or be part of a National team.
- The UCI has designated places for 6 male and 6 female riders on a National team at World Cup races. This format applies for DHI giving a possible total of 12 riders at each round of the World Cup
- Any places offered for World Cup events will not have any bearing on the National Team places for the European and World Championships. There will unfortunately be no support or funding available to any National team rider at the World Cup events.
- Riders will need to apply by filling out the application form and all applications will be carefully considered before a decision is made. Priority will be given to Junior riders and any 2009 Elite licensed riders that haven't gained sufficient points because of injury in 2009.
- Applications for Rounds 1 to 3 of the World Cup in 2010 will need to be in by February 19th. We will review the applications after Round 3 and new applications will be considered if received before June 23rd for Rounds 4 to 6. Any rider who is riding for the National team will have to sign and abide by the GB Team agreement, which includes a code of conduct for participants.