The Great Britain Cycling Team's Olympic Development Programme (ODP) is now recruiting for endurance, sprint, BMX and cross-country mountain biking.
The ODP is a key stepping stone for junior age riders to develop as full-time cyclists. Delivered as a series of training camps, along with a structured competition programme (including national and international opportunities), the programme is geared towards the riders long-term development and is a strong foundation for future success.
Places on the Olympic Development Programme (ODP) are limited. The aim, is to prioritise riders who have the best chance of graduating to the Academy, and ultimately, the Podium Programme.
To be considered for membership to this year’s ODP, we are looking riders that:
- Are born in 1997 and 1998 (and 1999 for BMX).
- Hold (or be eligible for) a British passport.
- Regularly finish in the top 10 (top eight for BMX) at national junior and/or youth races.
ODP coaches will consider the following aspects when reviewing applications:
- Performances at national and international races.
- Bike skills and tactical awareness.
- Physical capacity.
- Attitude and aptitude.
- Applications are open until Monday 25 August 2014.
- Short-listed riders may be invited to attend an assessment camp in September or October 2014.
- Successful applicants will be advised in October 2014.
- The ODP is likely to commence on Friday 24 October 2014 – exact dates TBC.
Please send applications to: email@example.com – please be aware that postal applications will not be considered.
Should you have any difficulties completing and submitting the form please contact Marie Gook at the GBCT who will be happy to help.