The Great Britain Cycling Team supports Go-Ride clubs that have made a commitment to ensure that the development of young riders is at the forefront of club activity.
They are safe and effective way for young riders to develop their skills and can be found in each region. Club Clusters of Training are aimed at riders aged 12-16.
Who are these for?
- Riders are typically aged 12 to 16 years.
- Regions will focus on different disciplines depending on their priorities, eg if you are in a strong mountain bike region there will almost certainly be an off-road Club Cluster of Training.
What will you learn?
- General bike handling skills.
- Discipline-specific techniques.
- .Physical elements required for success.
When does it happen?
This will vary from region to region, but most sessions will run at least one session a fortnight throughout the year.
Who is involved?
These will be led by your club coaches and supported by regional performance pathway coaches (RPCC) and Go-Ride coaches.
What does it cost?
There may be a small charge to attend a session, but apart from that it is just the cost of a reasonable bike.