Have you got what it takes to be a para-cycling champion?
Building on our recent success at the 2018 UCI Para-cycling Track World Championships in Rio de Janeiro, our nationwide search continues for the next generation of track and road para-cyclists. The talent assessments are an opportunity for new cyclists or individuals anting to be part of the sport to demonstrate your potential to become part of the Great Britain Cycling Team para-cycling squad competing at future international events.
• Fall into one of the four impairment groups eligible for para-cycling?:
- Neurological - Impairments with either central or peripheral damage that are either congenital or acquired. For example; Athetosis, ataxia, dystonia and mixed – spasticity/athetosis/ataxia/dystonia, peripheral nerve damage, impaired muscle power
- Locomotor - Including amputations, limb deficiency & limb length difference, impaired muscle power, impaired passive joint range of motion, multiple impairments that lead to a permanent and verifiable activity limitation
- Spinal cord lesions - Complete or incomplete
- Visual impairments
• Have the drive and passion to succeed?
• Have talent waiting to be unearthed?
• Hold a British passport?
If so we want to hear from you - sign up today!
By completing and submitting an application form, you are signing up for #TRACK2TOKYO & BEYOND - a talent ID campaign searching for future para-cycling champions.
We will be looking to hold the talent ID assessment dates in Manchester at the HSBC UK National Cycling Centre. Pease check this page for confirmation of dates.
Talent ID assessments
October/November 2018 (venue TBC) (Application closing date, Sunday 9 September)
Successful applicants will be contacted via email by Monday 17 September 2018 inviting them to attend a talent ID assessment date. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Great Britain Cycling Team para-cycling squad now offers quarterly testing opportunities for potential athletes who are already involved in the sport or have been to initial talent ID events. These testing opportunities will ensure individuals are able to attend and monitor their progression whilst demonstrating that they have got what it takes to the para-cycling coaches and pathway manager to become part of the sport to demonstrate your potential to become part of the Great Britain Cycling Team competing at future international para-cycling events.
- Have a national or international para-cycling classification?
- Have the drive and passion to succeed?
- Compete in para-cycling?
- Hold a British passport?
If so, we want to hear from you - sign up today!
By completing and submitting an application form, you are signing up for para-cycling quarterly testing.
Quarterly testing assessments
Sunday 2 Spetember 2018 - Derby Arena (Application closing date, Friday 24 August)
Sunday 2 December 2018 - HSBC UK National Cycling Centre, Manchester (Application closing date, Friday 23 November 2018)
Successful applicants will be contacted via e-mail by on the Monday following the application closing dates for each assessment date inviting you to attend a quarterly testing assessment date. For more information please contact Paracycling@britishcycling.org.uk.