British Cycling received an excellent response to its call for new applicants to the discipline commissions earlier this year following a campaign to encourage a greater strategic focus for the commissions, whilst improving their inclusivity and diversity.
The commissions, which provide expert help, support and advice to the board and senior management team, are fundamental in developing the future of the sport. This includes assisting the executive leadership team to develop long term strategies to shape investment in each cycling discipline.
New Commission Chairs:
- Tabitha Rendall – BMX Commission
- Scott Taylor - Commissaires & Referees Commission
- Mike Hack - Cycle Speedway Commission
- Helen Wyman - Cyclo-Cross Commission
- Anna McLeod - MTB Endurance Commission
- Andrea Lockhart - MTB Gravity Commission
- Chris Landon - Road Commission
The Chairs are now involved in the process to select the wider membership of the Commissions, and all applicants will be informed of the outcome of this shortly.
The Board was unable to appoint Chairs to the Track and BMX Freestyle Park Commissions and is subsequently seeking further applications for these roles. The closing date for applications is Monday, 22 July at Midnight. For more information about the roles and responsibilities of commission chairs, or to make an application, visit our commission page.