Welsh Cycling are recruiting for a team of 12 determined women who are up for a challenge to ride in the 2017 Velothon Wales. The Team will be led by three Breeze Champions from North, West and South Wales, who will be responsible for supporting four Breeze Participants in their region during training, and ride alongside them on the day of the sportive, Sunday 9 July 2017.
As part of the team you will get:
- Free entry to 2017 Velothon Wales
- Support with training from your Breeze Champion
- Tips and advice from Welsh Cycling
- Team kit
Our Breeze Champions Vicky Hinstridge, Nia Richards and Lusi Lawler are now looking to recruit their Team Breeze members.
To be considered for the team please tell us why you would like to be selected and send to our Women and Girls Officer Emma White firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to participate in at least two Breeze rides between Thursday 22 December 2016 – Sunday 22 January 2017.
Following the selection of the team participants (selected at random), team members will need to:
- Commit to training with their assigned Breeze Champion on a regular basis to progress towards the event
- Attend one coaching session a month at a local venue within the region
- Contribute regularly to the Team blog
- Complete a questionnaire at the beginning of the programme and following the completion of Velothon Wales
The 2017 Velothon Wales combines a closed road sportive alongside a UCI sanctioned professional race and promises to deliver a truly spectacular cycling event. The Velothon Wales 110km route starts and ends in Cardiff, riding through Newport, Monmouthshire, Torfaen and Caerphilly with 940m of climbing. Read more at Velothon Wales.
To find your local Breeze ride, visit breezebikerides.com