HSBC UK Go-Ride Racing is British Cycling's exciting entry-level competition programme, which offers local competition for novice cyclists under the age of 16, helping young people to make a gradual transition into competitive cycling.
Racing events are delivered across the country by Go-Ride Clubs and HSBC UK Go-Ride Coaches, with a range of prizes awarded, including certificates, medals and trophies.
Including entry-level Go-Ride Racing opportunities as part of your club activities will give young riders the chance to experience the thrill and excitement of bike racing.
Hosting a Go-Ride Racing event is easy, all you need is a Level 2 coach and some enthusiastic volunteers. There are many fantastic reasons to get involved:
- Receive British Cycling prizes to award at your events
- Events promoted on the British Cycling events calendar
- Use of the British Cycling event organiser dashboard
- Use of the British Cycling online entry system
- Public liability insurance for racing competitions
- Support from British Cycling’s regional HSBC UK Go-Ride team
Additional free resources for series of race
On top of the equipment bags, we offer a prize package to event organisers holding a two event race series and more. Their contents will help you to reward the effort and achievements of riders and make their racing experience memorable. These include:
2 event race package:
- 3 x sets of gold, silver, bronze medals
- 25 x certificates for the series
- 1 set of gold, silver, bronze trophies.
4 event race package:
- 6 x sets of gold, silver, bronze medals
- 50 x certificates for the series
- 2 sets of gold, silver, bronze trophies.
6 event race package:
- 9 x sets of gold, silver, bronze medals
- 75 x certificates for the series
- 3 sets of gold, silver, bronze trophies.
For further increments of 2 race series you will receive a further 3 sets of medals, 1 set of trophies and 25 certificates.
Registering an HSBC UK Go-Ride Race
You will need access to the event organiser tab on your British Cycling dashboard. To get access, please contact email@example.com.
You will then be able to follow the steps below:
- Go to the evet organiser tab,
- Select 'create new event' and follow the online instructions
- Select 'competitive event' and the relevant discipline
- Select 'Go-Ride Racing' when you create a race within the event
- Complete all relevant boxes and proceed to next step
- Follow all further instructions until the event has been submitted.
A more detailed step by step guide to registering a Go-Ride Race can be viewed here.
These will be submitted to the Go-Ride team for checks and approval. Once approved, you'll receive confirmation, and the event will appear on the events webpage.
Following your event, you are requested to do the following:
Pay event levies priced at £1 per rider via your event organiser dashboard. A more detailed step by step guide can be viewed here.
a) Submit provisional results with name, gender and finishing position for races at your events via your event organiser dashboard or
b) Upload a report that highlights the age and gender breakdown of your event on the event organiser dashboard.
Clubs and Groups
Tel: 0161 274 2000 Email: Go-Ride@britishcycling.org.uk