The UCI Track Cycling World Championships are coming to London’s Lee Valley VeloPark from 2-6 March 2016.
Cycling fans have the chance to watch sporting history being made and experience the famous velodrome roar as the Great Britain Cycling Team race against the world’s best for the coveted world champions’ rainbow jerseys.
A limited number of tickets are still available for some sessions via Ticketmaster:
The event schedule is packed with racing and there are more gold medal sessions than ever before with world champions being crowned in seven of the 12 sessions. Titles will be decided from day one and the action continues throughout the week with highlights including:
- Wednesday: The spectacular men’s and women’s team sprints plus the women’s individual pursuit, in which Joanna Rowsell was a winner in 2014.
- Thursday: Four world titles are up for grabs, including the men’s team pursuit, one of the highlights of any world championships.
- Friday: Four more golds to be decided with Britain’s women’s team pursuiters looking to hit back at the world-record breaking Australians.
- Saturday: The prize fighters of the men’s team sprint clash with fans hoping to see Jason Kenny renew rivalries with France’s Gregory Bauge.
- Sunday: The women’s omnium, the event made famous by Laura Trott will be decided, while the Madison, won in dramatic fashion by Sir Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish the last time the worlds were in Britain, will round off an amazing week’s racing.
For details of which sessions still have tickets available visit the event website www.trackcyclingworlds2016.london/tickets.
A full schedule is available to view via the event website.
For accessible tickets please phone Ticketmaster on 0844 847 1655.