Join us and stand up for cycling. Your membership helps us get a better deal for cyclists of all kinds. We're campaigning to improve safety and cycling awareness and your voice will make us stronger.
British Cycling has two main aims: to boost participation in cycling and to win more medals on the international stage. To do this we need to get more people on their bikes by creating better conditions for cycling.
In this section you will find out what we are doing to improve cycle safety, create the best conditions for racing and supporting inspirational leaders who are using cycling to transform where we live.
British Cycling stands up for cyclists on issues which affect them. We respond to concerns of our members, and use our members support to influence change.
Whether you race or ride there's a British Cycling Membership to suit your needs and your pocket, giving you high quality third party insurance and legal support, access to discounted bike insurance, cycle rescue, discounts at leading cycle stores and much more.
Some of our recent successes include:
- Helping Boris develop and launch his vision for cycling in London
- Persuading the Government to look at how the justice system protects cyclists
- Making it easier to hold road races by reducing police charges
- Saving Herne Hill Velodrome by funding crucial work to the track
- Increasing the national budget to improve dangerous junctions
- Supporting the Get Britain Cycling inquiry