British Cycling Club Management Tool
Terms & Conditions
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions (“the Terms”) on which British Cycling allows usage of the Club Management Tool (“the Tool”) via our website www.britishcycling.org.uk (“the Website”)
Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before using the Tool to manage your club (“Club”) data and communicate with club members. You should understand that by using the Tool, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
1) Lawful purpose
You may use the Tool only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Tool:
• in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); non spam advertising directly related to the Club is allowed; or
• to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
When entering the data of Club members into the Tool;
• you must have the express permission of each Club member to share their data with British Cycling;
• in the case of children under the age of 16 you must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian; and
• you must enter full and correct data for each Club member; you may not deliberately enter incorrect information e.g. same address for different members who do not cohabit.
• your club members should be aware that they will be sent occasional email updates about British Cycling and will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from these updates at any time.
3) Acceptable usage
All content created using and uploaded to the Tool must adhere to the acceptable usage policy.
The messaging and newsletter functionality of the Tool;
• are only for use in the communication of matters directly relating to your Club;
• should not be used for any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and
• should not be used to bombard or harass Club members, a maximum of 1 newsletter per week and 2 messages (to all Club members) per day is recommended.
Access to the Tool and the website editor is controlled using your British Cycling user name and password, you must not;
• disclose this password to any other person; or
• use a user name and password that belongs to anyone else to access the Tool or website editor.
British Cycling recommends that you only grant Tool access rights to bona fide Club members who volunteer in administrative roles within your Club.
6) Availability and access
• Reasonable provisions have been put in place to enable the smooth running of the Tool. British Cycling cannot however guarantee that you will have uninterrupted access to the Tool and its features at all times and we reserve the right to suspend the Tool at any time, without notice or liability.
7) British Cycling Powered Websites
• The software and hosting for British Cycling Powered Websites are provided on “AS IS” basis without guarantee, warranty or liability.
• In the event of partial or catastrophic server or software failure British Cycling accepts no liability for any loss of data.
• British Cycling reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Tool at any time, without notice or liability.
8) Online payments
• For your Club to receive online payments you must have an active supplier account setup with British Cycling.
• Payments will be sent direct to the Club’s supplier account on a weekly basis so long as the funds are in excess of £50.00. If the funds are below this amount then they will be sent once they are £50.00 or above in the next payment run.
• All online payments are made through British Cycling’s secure online payment system. For full details click here.
9) Updates and feedback
• British Cycling may update, amend or remove any part of the Tool or add further elements to the Tool at any time without notice and without liability to anyone.
• British Cycling welcome ideas and feedback regarding the Tool, you consent that any such submission is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments, ideas or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation or compensation to you. British Cycling is under no obligation to implement or act upon any such submissions.