NCRA Spring Handicap Road Race #2
Story posted March 15, 2010, from Graham Birch
A full field of 60 riders contested the second of the Northants Cycle Racing Association Spring Handicap Road Race series over three laps of the 10 mile Old circuit. The race was dominated by Welland Valley CC who placed four riders in the first 1ten with the winner being middle marker Tom Sexton of Welland Valley.
Tom who burst through to the front on the last lap and powered away to win in 1.16.39. A bunch of six riders followed at 40secs. These were, respectively Chris Hewitt of Kingston Wheelers, Matt Garfield of Fenland Clarion CC, Nigel Burns of St Ives CC, John Taylor of Welland Valley, Richard Mead of CC Luton and Vic Barnett of Welland Valley.
1. Tom Sexton, Welland Valley
2. Chris Hewitt, Kingston Wheelers,
3. Matt Garfield, Fenland Clarion CC,
4. Nigel Burns, St Ives CC,
5. John Taylor, Welland Valley,
6. Richard Mead, CC Luton
7. Vic Barnett of Welland Valley
8. Stuart Walters, Kettering CC
9. Martyn Brown of Welland Valley.
10. Brett Harwood, I.Ride