This course trains up qualified Level 1 Ride Leaders to lead rides in more remote environments and challenging terrain, over longer distances more than 50miles.
The award qualifies leaders to deliver guided bike rides for groups of intermediate and advanced level adults, providing you with an understanding of the processes involved with a longer and more challenging ride.
The course covers group riding etiquette, advanced communication, group management on longer rides and in my challenging terrain, decision making and advanced risk management.
What does the course include?
The course blends online learning with an assessed one-day course. Learners receive:
- 30-days access to British Cycling Learning with two hours of directed learning
- One day of expert tuition by a British Cycling tutor including practical assessment
How much does it cost?
- £135.00 per person, or
£1000.00 for a private course for a maximum of 10 learners
There is no requirement to lead rides for British Cycling upon completing this course.
How long will the course take to complete?
One day plus two hours for the online learning, then first aid training if required
What do I need to be able to register?
- The minimum age to attend a course is 18 years old and you must be a Level 1 Ride Leader
- Valid and current 3 hour Emergency First aid at work certificate, or equivalent
- British Cycling Ride membership
If you would like to be the first to know when new course dates become available or to be informed about volunteering opportunities, please complete the form via this button.
Tel: 0161 274 2060
If you need extra support to undertake this course because of a physical or learning disability please contact our team to discuss any reasonable adjustments that would support you.