Are you an existing young volunteer with British Cycling? Are you near to completing or have completed your Gold Volunteer Award? Looking to take the next step, become more involved and develop your sport further?
British Cycling have developed a young leaders' programme for existing Gold Volunteers to further their skills and develop current young volunteers as young leaders.
What is involved?
We are asking all those working towards their Platinum Award to:
- Start to take the leadwhen getting involved with a club's activities.
- Reflectively blog about five voluntary experiences.
- Complete a further 36 hours of volunteeringand log them in the Platinum blogbook.
What are the benefits?
The opportunity to:
- Progress from a young volunteer into a young leader.
- Develop your skills and receive additional training.
- Have access to larger scale volunteering activities and events.
- Receive an original young leaders' branded adidas jacket.
What will the blogs be used for?
We value all of the work and voluntary hours you are doing and we want to hear about your experiences! Blogging has never been easier and quicker, and can now be done using the recently launched young volunteer blog site which allows you to blog about your experiences at the click of a button. Blogs can be seen here bcyoungvolunteers.wordpress.com.
Young leader blogs
How do I register?
Download a registration form and send back into the email below. For more information or to request an introduction pack please contact Joel, our volunteer development officer.
Tel: 0161 274 2126