*NOTE We are currently developing a new Platinum Profile site, exclusive to Young Leaders. The details will be finalised alongside our new British Cycling website in December. To access the latest blogs please follow the link here and to blog, use the log in details provided on registration to the programme. For these details again, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you an existing young volunteer with British Cycling? Are you near to completing or have completed your Gold Volunteer Award? Looking to take the next step, become more involved and develop your sport further?
British Cycling have developed a Young Leaders Programme for existing Gold Volunteers to further their skills and develop current Young Volunteers as Young Leaders.
What is involved?
We are asking all those working towards their Platinum Award to:
- Start to take the lead when getting involved with a club's activities.
- Work with the Development team to produce a unique Platinum profile to display on British Cycling's website.
- Blog about five voluntary experiences.
- Complete a further 36 hours of volunteering and log them in the Platinum blogbook.
- What are the benefits?
The opportunity to:
- Progress from a Young Volunteer into a Young Leader.
- Develop your skills and receive additional training.
- Have access to larger scale volunteering activities and events.
- Share your experiences with other young people.
- Learn to reflect and identify ways to improve.
- Receive an original Young Leaders' branded Adidas jacket.
What will the blogs will be used for?
We value all of the work and voluntary hours you are doing and we want to hear about your experiences! Blogging has never been easier and quicker, and can now be done using the recently launched Young Volunteer blog site which allows you to blog about your experiences at the click of a button. Blogs can be seen here bcyoungvolunteers.wordpress.com. There are some fantastic things that our young people get involved in and we want to shout about it so that adult club volunteers, other potential young volunteers and everyone else can see some of the great work that is being delivered.
Platinum Profiles and Young Leader Blogs
To see all of our Platinum Profiles and Young Leader Blogs please click here
How do I register?
Download a registration form and send back into the email below. For more information or to request an Introduction Pack please contact Kelly, our volunteer development officer.
Tel: 0161 274 2126