Published: 2 August 2013
Article: British Cycling
We are currently on the hunt for some eager and willing learners to attend the pilot of our brand new Level 1 Award in Coaching Cycling – the first of a new style of courses that is currently being developed by British Cycling.
The Level 1 Award in Coaching Cycling (L1ACC) is aimed at people new to coaching and cycling, and will qualify learners to independently plan, deliver and evaluate pre-prepared coaching sessions to groups of adults or children in an indoor/outdoor, traffic-free environment.
The learning programme for the new style of the award is a blend of online and face-to-face modules. It includes independent online learning, which allows learners to choose when and where they study, and tutor-led face-to-face development and assessment days ensuring learners have the opportunity to practice what they have learnt and get feedback on coaching.
Learners who attend this pilot course will still receive the same high level of information, tutoring and support as any of our other courses, and the qualification will be valid once they have completed all aspects of the course. As part of the pilot, Learners will be asked to provide a greater level of feedback to British Cycling than is normally requested, regarding the course content and delivery, and their time commitment.
Learners attending the course should be aware that one of the objectives of a pilot course is to test the technology, content, delivery, timings etc, so it may not run exactly as expected! To thank learners for being part of our pilot, we are significantly reducing the cost of the course.
To attend the course, you will need to:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Have a current Emergency First Aid certificate, or equivalent
- Complete a Course Application Form and Learner Profile
- Submit evidence that you have an appropriate level of coaching insurance that provides at least the same level of cover as that provided by Race Silver, Race Gold or Ride level British Cycling membership.
The dates below have been confirmed for the pilot of the Level 1 Award in Coaching Cycling:
- Online learning modules become available: Monday 2 September 2013
- Development Day: Saturday 12 October 2013, National Cycling Centre, Manchester, M11 4DQ
- Practical Assessment Day: Saturday 19 October 2013, National Cycling Centre, Manchester, M11 4DQ.
To account for this being a pilot course and the expectations for enhanced feedback from participants, the cost of attending the course is significantly reduced from the usual course fee of £245 to £75. The full balance of this must be paid before 2 September 2013.
For more information on the course please contact Coaching and Education on: 0161 274 2060 or email email@example.com . Alternatively you can download the following information sheet and application form.