- Event URN:
- Start date:
- Sun, 22nd Sep 2013
- Event Type:
- Cycle Sportive (Non-Competitive)
- Ditchling Recreation Grounds Lewes Road, Ditchling, East Sussex, BN6 8TY ( View map )
- Online Entry FAQs
- Event website:
- Event organiser:
- Mr James Macdonald
- Cheques payable to:
- James Macdonald
- Info for Riders:
- The Sussex Highs and Lows Sportive offers 3 challenging but very enjoyable courses of 45,56 or 69 miles. This is a cycling event for all ages,abilities and cycling levels.All courses will take in some of the best scenery that the South Downs has to offer as well as giving you the chance to see and say hello to a very very tall man and an equally massive horse!
There will be more than enough in the way of challenging terrain for the more experienced riders as well as stunning scenery and a few unique elements for everyone. This is a great Sportive for anyone who has a road,mountain or hybrid bike and just fancies just getting out there.
There will be free parking
Toilets and showers
Changing facilities at the event Start/Finish.
3 marshaled and well directed routes.
A food station
Mechanical bike support
And an inner sense of contentment for having supported hopefully a number of worthy causes.
- Preview Rides:
Date Start Ride name Grade BCG Duration 22 Sep 13 09:00 Green Route --- --- 1 laps / 89km / 56m 22 Sep 13 09:00 Red Route --- --- 1 laps / 109km / 69m
The Sussex Highs and Lows Sportive is going to be exactly that.
It is two challenging and unique routes of 56 or 69 miles that...
1) Could well be the friendliest and most amusing Sportive you do this year.
2) Will provide you with a challenging and uplifting ride.
3) Will guide you through some genuinely beautiful South Downs scenery
4) Will be aiming to support a number of charities but in particular local charity Pass It On Africa.www.pioafrica.org.uk
5) Will definitely aim to celebrate your personal year's high, accept your low and highlight some shared ones.
6) Will give you the chance to see and wave at possibly the largest man and largest horse you've ever seen.
|Date||Start||Distance||BCG||Est. Field Size|
|22 Sep 13||09:00||1 laps / 89km / 56m||---||50|
Check out the 56 mile Green route
Check out the 69 mile Red route
Sussex Highs and Lows Sportive website