The East Midland Region EMCCA is funding a youth squad to attend the Inter Area Cyclo Cross Championships at Milton Keynes Bowl on the 11th November 2012.
The East Midlands Cyclo Cross Association is looking for the following ingredients:
- Riders being “Bike Racers”
- Attacking riding – ability to make repeated efforts.
- Bike handling ability – cornering skills etc.
- Finish position.
- Tactical awareness.
- Riders racing at a level in line with the events we will be attending.
- Being self-motivated, able to function under their own steam AND within a team environment.
Eligibility and Selection criteria
All riders will need to race the following events:
- NDCXL Bingham Leisure Centre 20th October – Team Velo Club Nottingham
- WMCCL Misterton Hall 28th October - Welland Valley
All East Midlands Riders are eligible; this is not based on local leagues. Performances in 2011 and early Season Events in 2012 will also be taken into account.
Eligibility: Youth A and B Boys Team of 4, Youth A and B Girls Team of 4.
How to Register your Interest
To register your interest to be involved with the team, contact youth team manager Steve Palmer prior to the first selection event on firstname.lastname@example.org
Only riders who register their interest will be considered for selection.
Should parents or riders require any further information with regard to the squads please don’t hesitate to get in touch. The team will be announced after the last selection race.