The World Championship programme will include a new event – The Federation’s Cup, competed for between Australia, Poland and Great Britain.
This competition will take the form of pairs racing with four rider teams (plus reserve). The venue for the event will be LeFevre in South Australia and will be for men’s, women’s and junior teams. This new event will serve to complement the World Cup which will continue as in previous Championships. Formal confirmation is awaited of the confirmation of venues to be used for the junior and senior World Cups.
Travel information update
- The outline departure dates from London Heathrow will be either Saturday 2nd or Sunday 3rd November. In turn arrival at Adelaide will be either Monday 4 or Tuesday 5 November. Departure from Adelaide will be either Monday 25 or Tuesday 26 November.
- In both cases arrival back in the UK is the following day.
- Open training date TBC (i.e. track time made available to overseas riders).
- Race programme would be scheduled between Thursday November 7 and Sunday November 24.
- Pete Barnes is currently researching options for the team in Adelaide in terms of accommodation and transport which look promising. Further info will follow shortly, plus details on a possible ‘savings club’, the formulation of a selection policy for the various team events, pre championship preparation initiatives etc.
Director – Ian Brown, Houlden, Sheffield Road, Hathersage, Hope Valley, S32 1DA - 01433 650063/ 07711 939333, email@example.com.
Director Assitant (Travel & Accommodation) – Pete Barnes, 65 Wavell Avenue, Poole, Dorset, BH17 7HH - 01202 245087/ 07954 422923, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Female Chapperone – Louise Brown, Houlden, Sheffield Road, Hathersage, Hope Valley, S32 1DA - 01433 65006, email@example.com.
Plus GB and Home Nation Team Managers as already appointed by the BC CS Commission for 2012/13.