This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) on which British Cycling (“us”, “our”) receive online applications for subscriptions to affiliated clubs (“Clubs”, “Club Subscriptions” and “Club Subscription Applications”) and online payments for Club Subscriptions.
Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before making a Club Subscription Application. You should understand that by making a Club Subscription Application, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
By submitting a Club Subscription Application, you hereby declare that:
• you understand that:
- the Club is affiliated to British Cycling;
- we require the Club and its officials to abide by our Byelaws, Technical Regulations, Code of Conduct, Child Protection and Anti-Doping Policies;
- the fact that the Club is affiliated to British Cycling does not mean that we endorse any or all of the Club’s activities;
- we may not have carried out quality checks on the Club;
- we cannot guarantee suitability of Clubs for specific individuals and strongly recommend that you contact the Club using the details on their “Club Page” before completing a Club Subscription Application;
- it is your responsibility to understand and abide by the rules of the Club (which will be linked to during the process of making a Club Subscription Application) (the “Club Rules”);
- we have no direct control or authority over the Club Rules;
- the Club Subscription is personal to you and you may not exchange it with or sell or transfer it to any other person;
- confirmed membership of the Club is conditional upon the receipt and acceptance (to be at the discretion of the Club’s secretary, officer or committee) of a fully and accurately completed Club Subscription Application;
- we will charge a non-refundable £1.00 application fee (the “Application Fee”) per Club Subscription Application;
- the Application Fee is charged to your card on submission of your Club Subscription Application whereas the Club’s own subscription fees (the “Club Subscription Fee”) will not be charged to your card until the Club has approved your Club Subscription Application;
- the Application Fee is non-refundable regardless of whether: (i) your Club Subscription Application is accepted; (ii) the Club refund the Club Subscription Fee; or (iii) your payment of the Club Subscription Fee fails;
- online payments are made through our online secure online payment system. For more information on payment security, click here;
- we recommend that you contact the Club directly prior to paying your Club Subscription Fee via our website;
- you will not be entitled to a refund of your Club Subscription Fee if you are expelled from the Club as a result of infringement of these Terms or the Club Rules;
- we have no authority over disciplinary measures or termination of memberships taken by Clubs and the decision of the Club will be binding and final in all circumstances;
- we reserve the right to amend these Terms and / or the Application Fee at any time; and
- we will share the personal data you submit via a Club Subscription Application with the relevant Club who will then be a data controller over your personal data. We will process your personal data in accordance with our Privacy Notice
• you agree:
- that our liability to you is limited in accordance with the section below entitled “Limitations of Liability”;
- to comply with these Terms and the Club Rules;
- to conduct yourself in a professional and cautious manner during your membership of the Club and you confirm that you understand that you may have disciplinary action taken against you or termination of your membership of the Club if you do not do so;
- to pay for your Club Subscription via the means as instructed during your Club Subscription Application; and
- to submit all correspondence and enquiries about the Club to the Club’s secretary and you confirm that you understand that we cannot deal with enquiries relating to individual Clubs.
• you warrant that you are:
- at least 16 years old on the date of your Club Subscription Application; and
- entering your own details,
- the parent or legal guardian of a child and are making a Club Subscription Application on their behalf.
Limitations of Liability – your attention is particularly drawn to this section
Subject to the rest of this section, our aggregate liability in respect of any loss or damage suffered by you and arising out of or in connection with these Terms shall not exceed the Application Fee.
Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability, including but not limited to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
Subject to the rest of this section, to the fullest extent permitted by law, you hereby waive, release and forever discharge us, our officers, employees, agents and representatives for all liabilities, claims, actions or damages that you may have against us arising out of or in any way in connection with your Club Subscription Application including without limitation any liability or claims caused by the negligence, action or inaction of any of the above parties or otherwise.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us and our officers, employees, agents and representatives and all other persons from all liabilities, claims, actions and/or damages arising out of or in any way in connection with your Club Subscription Application or any breach by you of these Terms.
To the extent permitted by law, all provisions of these Terms shall be severable and no provision shall be affected by the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. You and we irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.