This Acceptable Usage Policy sets out the terms between you (the user) and us (British Cycling) under which you may use any domain, application or website (the site) owned by British Cycling to communicate and share information with others.
1. Content standards
All content must adhere to the spirit and the letter of the following standard. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- You must own the copyright or have the express permission of the copyright holder for all content including but not limited to text and images (including video and animations). Any content found to be in breach of this will be removed.
- Not contain nudity or sexually explicit material.
- Not include or encourage violent or threatening behaviour including bullying or harassment of other users or third parties.
- No discriminatory images or text including but not limited to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or medical condition.
- Users may not publish images or personal information belonging to third parties without having obtained permission from the third party in advance and line with UK data protection law.
- No libellous or potentially libellous or defamatory statements.
- No content which seeks to undermine British Cycling or is in direct opposition the rules, regulations and policies of British Cycling.
- Not give the impression that opinions and views emanate from British Cycling, if this is not the case.
- Not contain malicious items including but not limited to viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
2. Violations of this policy may result in;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent suspension of your access to on-line tools and your dashboard and account.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any content created by you.
- Issue of a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the violation
- Further legal action against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
3. Revision of policy
We may revise this Acceptable Usage Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.