The Reg Harris Cyclosportive takes place again this summer on Sunday 24 August 2014.
The sportive is organised by the Rotary Club of Tottington and Bury West, alongside members of Reg's family, to celebrate his illustrious career and raise money for local charities. Reg was born and raised in Bury and he could be seen training on the roads used in the sportive.
There are three routes available, six, 26 and a more challenging 51 miles. The entry fee for the 26 and 51 mile routes is £20, plus a commitment to raise a minimum of £15 in sponsorship.
This year riders will be entered into a draw to win a £1,000 Raleigh bike - one entry for every £15 of sponsorship raised. The six mile taster route entry fee is £10 (with no commitment to raise money but you are welcome to do so).
All participants will be made very welcome (read comments from riders who took part last year at our website) and enjoy full professional support and backup, well stocked feed stations and post ride lunch and refreshments. Specifically the entry fee includes:
- choice of two challenging routes - 51 and 26 miles
- six mile taster route
- clearly marked routes with signage and marshals
- route maps
- HQ and feed station with toilets. Food and drinks will be provided
- electronic timing chips and website results service
- professional photography of the event
- free food and drinks after your ride
- support vehicles
- professional bike service
- post ride massages