Deloitte Ride Across Britain 2012
Event: September 8 to 16 2012
Entering its third year Deloitte Ride Across Britain is fast becoming recognised as the UK's premier cycling challenge.
There is no other event with the unique camaraderie that comes with riding alongside 700 cyclists for 960 miles in nine days. For those looking to ride the iconic Land's End to John O'Groats route with every little detail taken care of along the way it is the perfect chance to undertake the challenge of a lifetime.
"I have been very fortunate to participate in many of the top cycling events around the world, Etapes, Marmotte, Giro de Sardinia, Argus, but the organisation at Deloitte RAB stands head and shoulders above everything else," said Daryl, a 2011 rider.
Places are selling out over a year in advance for the 2012 ride which is famous for the unrivalled level of support that the riders receive from the moment they sign up to after they have crossed the line in John O'Groats. The team at Threshold Sports, led by multiple Olympic Champion James Cracknell, take care of everything from a 12 month tailored training programmes to all your medical support every mile of the Ride. Add in all your food, accommodation, baggage transfers and a fully signed route with chaperone riders and all a rider has to do is train for the challenge of a lifetime.
ParalympicsGB is the event's benefiting charity and with over £766,000 raised in the first two years, this is an opportunity to make a significant difference to the preparations of British athletes ahead of London 2012 and beyond.
Entries are filling up fast so get your deposit in quickly as 2013 is a long time to wait.
The Ultimate UK Cycling Challenge
• Ride the iconic route from Land's End to John O'Groats
• 960 miles in 9 days
• Enjoy the camaraderie and atmosphere of 700 riders taking on the challenge of a lifetime
• Suitable for experts and amateurs alike with 94% crossing the finish line (2010 and 2011 Rides)
• Raise money for ParalympicsGB or your chosen charity
• Cost is £1,740
• Fully signed route with ‘pit-stops' to refuel along the way
• Chaperone riders provided to accompany all skill levels
• Overnight accommodation in tented villages and university campuses
• Delicious meals included as well as hot showers, loos and full medical and technical support
Find out more at www.rideacrossbritain.com or call us on 0845 486 2012.