Event Classification System
The 2006 Season sees the launch of a new Event Classification system in Road Racing. Aimed at increasing the opportunities to race and the relevance of the racing, it breaks events down into two main categories: National and Regional. For the first time, there will be both National and Regional rankings systems to support the new structure. There will also be an entirely new Club and Team ranking system at both National and Regional level. Road and Circuit events, other than those exclusively for Youth riders, are classified as follows:
Eligibility: Open to Senior male Elite, 1st and 2nd category riders.
- Single Day Event: minimum135 km if terrain is demanding; maximum of 200 km on flatter terrain.
- Road Stage of Stage Race: minimum 80 km.
- Circuit Race: minimum time 60 minutes, and maximum 90 minutes.
Prize List: The main prize list shall be a minimum of £2,000. Prize money shall be paid to riders placed at least 1st to 20th, in accordance with the following structure:
Note: Only one National A event shall be held on the same day in the UK.
Eligibility: open to Senior male Elite, 1st 2nd & 3rd category, Junior male 1st & 2nd category and Senior female Elite riders.
- Single Day Event: minimum120 km if terrain is demanding.
- Circuit Race: minimum time 60 minutes.
Eligibility: open to Senior and Junior male 2nd, 3rd and 4th category and Senior and Junior female riders of all categories
- Single Day Event: minimum 80 km.
- Circuit Race: minimum time 50 minutes.
Eligibility: open to Senior and Junior male 3rd and 4th category riders and Senior and Junior female riders of all categories
- Single Day Event: maximum 90 km.
- Circuit Race: minimum time 40 minutes.
Regional C & Regional C+
Eligibility: open to Senior and Junior riders of all categories, to be run as a handicap event, or other appropriate format .
- The minimum time shall be 60 minutes, and the maximum 90 minutes
Notes: Where the circuit is too small to allow for a handicap event which meets the minimum time requirement, the organiser may choose to use an alternative format, provided that the chosen format reasonably caters for the widest possible range of ability. Time Trials shall be run as Regional C+ or Regional C events.
Eligibility: open to 4th category riders, British Cycling members without racing licences and non-members.
- The maximum time for a Go-Race event shall be 90 minutes