Over the last year, Scottish Cycling has pivoted its delivery approach to online more than ever before, and we are now delighted to launch #SCOnline
We took a range of different approaches to engaging with the cycling community over the course of 2020 and into 2021, and provided opportunities for everyone from Event Volunteers to Club Officials, Coaches and Members to access learning, networking and education.
We're committed to ensuring that this continues this year.
We will continue to provide up-to-date information regarding how the restrictions are impacting on the cycling community, communicating via our network of Covid-19 Coordinators within clubs, and directly to Event Organisers, Commissaires and Recreational Programme volunteers.
On top of that, we are launching a programme of opportunities for the cycling community to continue to support your development within your area, further your knowledge and understanding, and support us to ensure that our offering meets the needs of participants.
This webpage will be updated on a regular basis as new sessions go live. All will take place via Zoom, free of charge and links to sign up are detailed below.
#SCTalks - Our monthly panel discussion
Launched during the first lockdown in the Spring of 2020, #SCTalks has been extremely popular among a range of audiences, exploring topics such as:
- The impact of the lockdown on club activities - watch back here
- The Athlete Pathway - watch back here
- Mental Health in Sport - watch back here
- Women & Girls participation - watch back here
- Cycling and Periods - watch back here
- Cycling through the menopause - watch back here
We had great feedback last year about the webinars that were delivered, and there was widespread enthusiasm to see continuation of these this year. We've taken the learning from the CPD survey distributed in December and conversations with the community to pull together a number of initial sessions, which should be valuable across different volunteer and official roles.
The next webinar is as follows:
- April 12th 7-8pm: Rebuilding your volunteer workforce - Sign up here
- Webinars/workshops focusing on particular topics
- Hot-topic calls to explore challenges further
- Signposting to external support and investment opportunities
- Resources and guides to support clubs in planning