Ahead of this Summer's 2023 UCI Cycling World Championship, Scottish Cycling is pleased to announce the launch of our Power of the Bike | Club Activation Fund
Commenting on the launch of the fund, Fraser Johnston, Project Lead for the 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships said: "We know that excitement is building within the club community ahead of this Summer's event, so we're delighted to be able to offer additional support to Clubs to play their part in raising the profile of the event and delivering activty up and down the country".
The fund is designed to create new or enhance activities that can give individuals the opportunity to experience different types of cycling in the club setting.
The following types of activity could be delivered:
- Introductory group rides (on/off road)
- Come and try coaching sessions
- Opportunity to try a new discipline (for example facility hire of the Velodrome/BMX/Closed Road Circuit)
The above list is not exhaustive, so if you're unsure whether your activity would be eligible, please get in touch with the Club Development Team.
The following costs are considered eligible expenditure:
- Payment of Coaches/MTB/Ride Leaders to deliver activity
- Venue hire
- Transport costs
- Small giveaways (for example buffs, water bottles etc)
- Refreshments after activities (no Alcohol)
- Marketing/promotion materials
- Training/Education courses
- Event delivery costs
Activities must take place between 1st June and 30th September. Clubs can apply for up to £300.
Scottish Cycling announced a few weeks ago our exciting Ride the Worlds programme, which includes opportunities for clubs to get involved in the delivery of events through 'Experience the Worlds' to provide grass roots opportunities to experience the thrill of racing for the first time. More information can be found here.