The Badge of Honour is Scottish Cycling’s highest accolade, having been awarded to the great and the good of Scottish cycle sport since 1981, and Scottish Cycling are now welcoming nominations for the 2022 award.
The Scottish Cycling Badge of Honour recognises the contribution and achievement of individuals who have shown exceptional dedication, made a remarkable contribution or given an outstanding performance, through a lifetime dedicated to the sport of cycling in Scotland.
Presenting the award at the Scottish Cycling AGM will be President, Kathy Gilchrist, and she said of the award:
"This is the highest honour there is in my eyes, given to someone who has made a long-lasting, tangible difference to Scottish Cycling. This award unifies all areas of our wonderful sport, from serial volunteers, to coaches, commissaires and of course riders.
"When you look down the list of past winners there are some truly inspirational names on the list and I'm sure the 2022 recipient(s) will be no different. It has been great see some sense of normailty return this year, with a more full racing calendar and club activity getting back to it's best, but the winner will no doubt have made a contribution to our community that spans far more than 12 months.
"I look forward to presenting the Badge of Honour for the first time in my role as President at the Scottish Cycling AGM at the end of the month."
To submit an individual for consideration for the Badge of Honour, we would like you to provide one or more of the following:
- Examples of someone's long-term dedication and/or involvement within the Scottish Cycling community
- Examples of how their contribution has significantly improved cycle sport in Scotland
- Examples of where their contribution can be regarded as 'above and beyond' what would normally be expected from someone in a similar position
- Examples of an outstanding career as an athlete, with medal winning success at Olympic or Paralympic level (or similar), bringing recognition and national acclaim to the sport and Scotland
- Examples are where someone has or will leave a lasting impression on cycling in Scotland
The deadline for nominations is Wednesday 16th November 2022. Nominations can be made by filling out this form
In 2022, the Scottish Cycling AGM will take place at lunchtime during our conference, to be held at Hampden Park on Saturday 26th November. The conference will start at 10am - for full details and how to sign up please click here
Should you not wish to attend the conference in full, the AGM will run from noon - to confirm your attendance please email email@example.com