Images: Andrew Leinster
Date: 16th February 2022
Scottish Cycling are excited to launch the R.A.C.E National Downhill programme for 2022
Now entering its 7th season, the programme will, once again, offer three blocks of two days of development spread over the Easter, Summer and Autumn school holidays (Dates below). The sessions will be coached by Elite Rider/Coach Ben Cathro and Scottish Cycling National MTB Coach, Paul Newnham. We aim to invite additional support from other coaches and expert riders throughout the course of the year.
With a similar format to previous year, the sessions will take place in Dunkeld, Fort William and Innerleithen. This will give a good mix of terrain, trails and provide an opportunity to take riders into the classroom to deliver some theory to prepare athletes on what it takes to be successful as an elite level rider.
To be a part of this development programme, riders are expected to be fully committed to developing themselves, both on and off the bike as best as possible throughout the season. If you would like to be considered for a place on the programme, then please complete the application form at the link below.
To be considered you must:
- Have competed in the SDA/BDS and aim to be competitive at British Downhill Series level in 2022
- Be a second year Juvenile or Youth male rider, or, Youth/Junior female
- Have the motivation and work ethic to be the best rider that you can be.
- Available to attend the training sessions during weekdays in school holidays: Easter (20th -21st Apr), Summer (10th-11th of August) and Autumn (12th-13th Oct)
- Complete and submit the online application form by 12pm on Friday 4th March 2022
To apply complete the online application form, click here.