At the Scottish Cycling Club Coaching and Development Conference on Sunday 8th March, the Club Development Team launched two key projects underpinning our commitment to developing a nation of cyclists through a network of safe, ambitious and inclusive clubs.
We understand that clubs have different ambitions and are passionate about their members getting the most from the sport and cycling overall. It is for that reason we have created a Club Development Framework which provides a flexible, clear and focussed approach to improving your club setting and help establish priorities for progression.
The Scottish Cycling Club Development Framework follows the model of the sportscotland Club and Communities Framework in order to create a common language that will facilitate access to a wider resource. The framework provides a flexible pathway for clubs to progress and is supported by an extensive collection of templates, guides and case studies that will help facilitate the journey.
The framework is now live and can be accessed via the link below. Additional resources and support will be released in the next few months.
We are pleased to announce that applications are now live for our new Club Progression Programme.
The Club Progression Programme will provide 1:1 support from our Club Development Managers to clubs, at a pace that suits their needs. A series of workshops, coach education programmes and priority access to resources will allow clubs to create a plan for their development.
Cycle Sport Module – this will include the following:
- Coaching/Leadership qualifications, Enhance Development Programme, CPD workshops
- Developing Club Coaching Structures that support your club requirements
- Head Coach Programme to train head coaches with the skills to fulfil this role
- Support to improve your club’s ability to attract investment
Cycling for All Module – this will include the following:
- A club philosophy that broadens the reach of cycling in the club’s area
- Programmes that develop the knowledge and skill of clubs to meet the needs of their community and work in partnership with other organisations
- Support to increase the number of volunteers into key roles at their club
- Coaching/Leadership qualifications
- Support to improve your club’s ability attract investment
Further to these programmes, our Club Development Mangers will be able to add further value to your club through:
- Producing a sporting intelligence report for your local area
- Connecting with the wider sports development professional network
- Facilitate working in partnership with local authorities and other cycling organisations
- Sharing good practice from Scottish Cycling Clubs and other Sports Clubs
- Supporting your club become investment ready