Posted on: 25th October 2013
The BMX inter regionals championships will be held at the National Cycle Arena in Manchester on 7th-8th December 2013. Scottish Cycling is delighted to announce that we will be taking a team to represent Scotland this year.
The event will comprise of an individual skills competition, and an inter-regional race event. The team will consist of the following:
- Team Manager
- Performance Coach
- Skills Coach
- Race Coach
- Riders 13-14yrs – 4 male/ 3 Female
- Riders 15-16yrs – 4male/3Female
Please note: a 12year old may be eligible for selection to the 13-14yrs team based on performance against selection criteria.
A draft schedule has been released as follows. Final details with travel arrangements will be confirmed upon selection.
13:00 Teams arrive at the NCC for registration
14:00 Track open for practice
15:00 Skills competition starts
19:00 Skills competition ends
08:00 Breakfast @ NCC
09:00 Team managers meeting
09:30 Warm up
10:00 Race event starts
15:00 Event close
Provision has been made by British Cycling for the following:
- 1 x night (Saturday night)
- Saturday - Evening meal 7pm
- Sunday – Breakfast 8pm
- Sunday – Pack lunch 1pm
Scottish Cycling will be covering entry cost for the team, and van hire and petrol costs for travel to/from the event.
- Riders will be offered the opportunity to purchase team jerseys following the event. Costs will be confirmed nearer to the time.
- Any additional food, travel, training or incidental costs incurred during the course of the weekend (full travel itinerary to be confirmed at selection).
Selection for the teams will be made by a selection panel consisting of:
Lynne Munro – Head of Development, Scottish Cycling
Bob MacFarlane – National Events Officer (BMX), Scottish Cycling
Justine Paton – Secretary, Western Titans
Raymond Reid – Chairman, Cumbernauld Centurions
Selection while take place at the following BMX Regional Selection Camps:
Sunday 17th November, 10am – 1pm Western Titans BMX track, Onslow Road, Clydebank
Saturday 23rd November, 10am – 1pm Western Titans BMX track, Onslow Road, Clydebank
All riders of appropriate age are invited to attend these camps. Content of the camps will include skills coaching, physical performance coaching, skills and benchmark testing, and workshop sessions. Attendance at both is a mandatory selection criterion.
Full selection Criteria is as follows:
1. Attendance at both regional camps
2. Proficiency in each of the following skills:
- back hops (from an endo)
3. Performance in the following benchmark tests:
- bunny hop (height)
- standing 50m sprint (time)
4. Placing at Scottish Open Championships
5. Riders overall conduct, commitment, and contribution to team culture as observed during the selection camps.
6. Ability to attend final team training.
7. Ability to attend event and meet event costs.
Announcement of team selections will be made by Scottish Cycling the week following the second camp.
Pre-event briefing and travel arrangements
Full details of travel arrangements will be released to riders on selection. However, riders and parents should be aware that pre-event briefing and equipment checking/loading will occur late afternoon Friday 6th December ahead of departure for the event.
Scottish Cycling with hold the right to cancel this opportunity in the event of lack of appropriate interest and/or where a full squad cannot be fielded.
Also funded by