British Cycling today launched a new online, free-to-use tool to help cycling clubs run their day to day activities and communications in one place.
Developed with the help of existing cycling clubs, the Club Management Tool is free to all affiliated clubs and has been released in beta version. Through an online dashboard, clubs will have access to a public profile on the British Cycling website, subscription collection, newsletters, free website design and hosting, and an interactive club calendar enabling riders to book onto club activities. Full instructions and support on how to use the tool is also offered by British Cycling.
Jonny Clay, British Cycling’s Cycle Sport and Membership Director, said: “We hope the Club Management Tool will help to make life easier for cycling club secretaries and administrators. The aim is to provide a tool which, above all, is free of charge and brings the many elements of managing a club into one place.
“We are pretty excited about the potential of the tool to help grow membership of clubs and participation in club activities. We therefore want clubs to use the tool and give us their views on how we can improve it as we move forward.”
Jason Wiltshire from Lancs Road Club commented: “We were about to spend a few quid on a commercial provider to collect our club subs online when we got wind of the new British Cycling system. It’s completely free to clubs and looks pretty straightforward to use.”
Benefits of the Club Management Tool include:
- New Club-finder tool - Clubs can set up their profile and attract new members by adding a club picture, logo, kit design, forthcoming activities and information to help people find the right club.
- Website Manager - A free tool to create and manage a club website, which pulls news, events and results about club members directly from the British Cycling website.
- Club Membership Manager - Manage club members in one place and use the free subscription management tool to set up online club subscription fees. Collected fees will be paid into the club’s chosen bank account at regular intervals.
- Newsletter Manager - Send out newsletters to club members. Newsletters will be easy to create and look great with the help of professionally designed templates.
- Instant Messaging - Send instant messages to the entire club membership or selected individual members.
- Club Activity Manager - Create and list club activities for people to sign up for in a click. Choose whether club activities will be open to members only or all comers. Activities will display on the British Cycling website.
- Online Affiliation - Submit club annual affiliation forms online, no need to fill out and post paper forms.
- Access to Useful Resources - Quickly gain access to all the important documents and resources needed to run a club effectively.