If you’re a new or existing club in Wales then our Development team are here to help to grow your club and the sport of cycling throughout Wales.
Our primary tool for developing a club is through our Go-Ride programme which not only provides a supportive environment to attract & develop young riders but also as a way of ensuring the club is a secure and structured organisation suitably equipped to support the demands of your members.
So if you are looking to develop your club volunteers, apply for funding or develop a local facility we would very much like to hear from you.
Who we are
Go-Ride for Clubs
Go-Ride is an initiative that integrates club development and structured coaching activities for young people into a single programme.
It can be delivered through clubs or schools. If your club registers as working towards Clubmark, the process will take a few months, but you will be supported along the way by a Welsh Cycling Development Officer. Below is an outline of the benefits your club will receive and what your club needs to do to become Go-Ride Clubmark Accredited.
What does your club gain from becoming Go-Ride Clubmark Accredited?
- Publicity - club details on Welsh Cycling website and help with event promotion
- School Links - to encourage more youth and junior club members
- Ongoing support from the Welsh Cycling team
- Access to resources - including a Coaching Kitbag, Go-Ride Gears books 1 & 2
- Training - for coaches, club officials and other volunteers
- Free Silver Membership - for up to 7 nominated Club Officials
- Reduced affiliation fees for your club
- Support in obtaining external funding
- Free bronze membership for new members
What does your club need to register?
- Welsh Cycling Affiliation
- A suitable traffic free area to deliver coaching sessions for young people
- At least one Qualified British Cycling Coach
- A Club Secretary willing to have his/her details published
- Club Welfare Officer (who must be willing to undergo training)
On registration your club will receive a coaching starter pack, 4 free silver memberships in your first 12 months, and free bronze membership for all members.
What commitment does your club need to give?
- Deliver regular coaching activities through a British Cycling qualified coach
- Forge close links with local schools to encourage children
- Willingness to working towards Go-Ride Clubmark Accreditation within 12 months of registration.