Date: 4th February 2022
Scottish Cycling is excited to announce the launch of the Springboard Fund, a new funding opportunity to support the recovery of cycling events in the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The aim of the Springboard Fund is to provide opportunities for new cyclists, from underrepresented groups, to experience the thrill of competitive cycling. These events will act as a ‘springboard’ for cyclists to experience frequent participation in competitive cycling, and will be underpinned by the opportunity for riders to develop their competitive cycling experience and confidence in safe and accessible environments.
Who will benefit from the Springboard Fund?
- Riders will get the opportunity to experience competitive cycling for the first time, which we hope will support in unlocking a passion for cycling.
- Underrepresented groups will experience new disciplines in safe, accessible environments that are shared with other members of their group. For the purposes of the Springboard Fund, underrepresented groups are considered as follows:
- Women and Girls
- Young Individuals (under 18s)
- Older Individuals (over 65s)
- Individuals from low-income backgrounds (Lowest 20% SIMD areas)
- BAME Individuals (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic)
- Individuals with disabilities
- LGBTQI+ Individuals
- Clubs will get the opportunity to provide new event offerings for non-club members, thereby supporting the expansion and diversification of both individual club membership, and the sport of cycling in Scotland.
- Event Organisers will gain practical experience of putting on events for those new to competitive cycling. This will enable organisers to further develop their skillsets.
Applicants can apply for a share of up to £1200 to support the staging of their event(s). Partial funding may be offered in some circumstances. Further details are outlined in the guidance notes.
For further details on the Springboard Fund, including guidance on how to fill in your application form, please refer to the Guidance Notes.
Apply for the fund here.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 23:55 on Sunday 6th March, and applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by Friday 18th March.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the Springboard Fund in greater detail, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.