Event: 12 May 2013
Location: Glossop, Derbyshire
Ho Ho Hog!!! Merry Christmas everybody the High Peak Hog is an exciting new sportive for 2013! Organised by Glossop Kinder Velo Cycling Club the event tours the beautiful Peak District on Sunday May 12.
Above: Ladybower Reservoir in the High Peak
Entries are now open to all comers
Give yourself something to aim for in 2013 while you're filling up on turkey and Christmas pudding or maybe you are struggling for a Christmas gift for the cyclist in your life.
With a route that is mostly along country lanes, features breathtaking scenery, challenging climbs, hot breakfast to start and a hog roast awaiting you at the finish you simply can't go wrong. Places are restricted to 200 riders to help keep the friendly club spirit of the event.
What is included in the £20 entry fee?
- Two route options - 83 and 50 miles (decide on the day)
- Two ‘Category 2’ climbs - Snake Pass and Holme Moss
- Three ‘Category 3’ and five ‘Category 4’ climbs
- Electronic timing
- Certificates with gold, silver and bronze awards
- Photos of riders on the major climbs available to download free after the event
- Hot breakfast before the start
- Feed stations en route
- Hog roast at the finish (with vegetarian option!)
- Free parking and changing/shower facilities
So enter online now and set your goal for 2013, or buy someone an unforgettable Christmas gift.