The National Escort Group Wales (NEG Wales) provide motorcycle escort for cycle races on public roads. NEG Wales is the Welsh arm of the National Escort Group which is recognised by the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) as providing motorcycle escorts, often working alongside Police Officers.
NEG Wales riders also accredit as CSAS marshals and go through the same process as static marshals. This ensures that NEG Wales riders have the training and powers to react to events during races, ensuring that they can park their bike and maintain their stop and direct powers.
In order to become a member of NEG Wales applicants must be able to comply with the following, as well as going through the CSAS recruitment process:
- Hold a full motorcycle licence and have access to a suitable motorcycle e.g. touring or sports touring motorcycle
- Successfully complete an Institute of Advance Motoring motorcycle test
- Complete training and assessment on cycle races
- Supply and fit to your machine a radio communication system
After this process applicants will be a fully qualified member of the National Escort Group, with the opportunity to assist at major events such as the Tour of Britain, Welsh Championships and the Ras de Cymru.
In return, you will get:
- Free British Cycling Bronze membership
- Access to free training
- Provided with uniform
Want to find out more? Contact Alistair Waldron, Workforce Officer email@example.com or call 01633 283 979.