Earlier this year, British Cycling marked the beginning of its exciting new partnership with HSBC UK by launching its brand new website, making it easier than ever for people to get cycling.
Through letsride.co.uk, users can quickly and easily sign up for an account which will allow them to:
- Join an unforgettable HSBC UK City Ride in 13 major towns and cities across the UK – including Cardiff on Sunday 6 August – offering everyone the unique opportunity to ride a traffic-free route and enjoy a fun-filled day out with family and friends.
- Join free HSBC UK Guided Rides in partnership areas across the UK, including Cardiff (coming summer 2017). Rides are led by British Cycling trained Ride Leaders, assuring safety and peace of mind for cyclists of all ages and abilities.
- Join free HSBC UK Breeze bike rides for women. Rides are led by British Cycling trained Breeze Champions to inspire and empower more women and girls to feel confident riding bikes. In Wales alone, more than 5,000 women and girls have been on a Breeze ride since 2014.
- Create and share your own ride through HSBC UK Ride Social, an online community of like-minded cyclists. You can search for and create your own groups and routes as well as connect with local cycling buddies – the perfect way for getting friends, family and colleagues together for a ride that suits you.
- Find out about volunteering opportunities across Wales and sign up for a free British Cycling qualification to become a Ride Leader or Breeze Champion.
- Learn more about how to get cycling – from choosing the right bike and kit, and maximising the fitness benefits of cycling, to browsing guides to the best places to ride.
- Read the Let’s Ride blog to go behind the scenes at British Cycling and get inspired by the stories of people who have changed their lives through cycling
Georgina Harper, Welsh Cycling’s National Development Manager said: “Wales is such a great place to cycle and we are lucky to have so many scenic routes and world class facilities on our doorstep.
“By working in partnership with British Cycling and engaging an active network of more than 4,000 volunteers who are passionate about getting more people cycling, there have never been more opportunities to ride a bike and letsride.co.uk is the perfect place to start.”