The original event – Welsh Cyclo Cross League Round 9 – due to take place on November 17th in Pembrey Country Park is now no longer running due to reasons beyond our control. However, we will try our best to secure another location on that date as it is a week before Round 5 of the National Trophy Series.
Feel free to get in touch with our events team via email if you have an interest in helping us securing another round: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Round 10 will take place in Parc Cwm Darran on December 1st, with the Welsh Championships held in Monmouthshire (Venue TBC as soon as possible) on December 8th.
See below the full list of upcoming events:
- October 27th – Tredegar Park Sports Ground
- November 3rd – Singleton Park
- December 1st – Parc Cwm Darran
- December 8th – Monmouthshire
Race Schedule Amendment
After holding a mid-season review as well as receiving feedback from each round, Welsh Cycling and all 2019 Welsh Cyclo Cross League organisers have agreed to the following changes to the race format.
- The under 6’s & under 8’s will now be a combined race for the rest of the series (excluding Welsh Champs)
- A new rule will be introduced for if/when courses are narrow (not within the 3m rule as per British Cycling regulations). The rule is as followed:
- Where it is difficult to obtain the 3m course width for extended distances, the women’s race and the Men’s V50+ will be combined to ensure the race is safe and enjoyable. This decision will be taken in agreement with the course organiser, the chief commissaire and Welsh Cycling and communicated clearly.
The changes will take place from Round 8 onwards. With the changes to the under 6’s & under 8’s race as stated above, this now means a slightly amended race schedule. Please see the schedule here.
We are also really happy with how all of the events have gone thus far, it goes without saying that each club puts in a lot of hard work into each event which is excellent to see. If any club/organiser wants to put a Cyclo Cross event on for the 2020 season, and perhaps unsure of where to start, then get in touch with our Events Officer, Rhys James, on email@example.com.
I look forward to see you all at the rest of the series.