Pictures: Huw Fairclough
Image galley here
The weather was requested to be good for this years race on Sunday 13th April and it came good. A dry, clear day saw 66 riders from various clubs take on the three cocks circuit.
With a good turn out from volunteers, Welsh Cycling, CSAS marshalls and NEG Wales the race began on time at 10am.
Racing was quite aggressive from the start, with lots of attacks which everyone responded to. Craig Seaman managed to pick up the first two primes really digging in on the climb.
Five riders pressed on on the back road which resulted in a clear gap appearing. Working well together they managed to keep the gap from a fast approaching second group which included Cwmcarn Paragons very own Richie Harris, who was drilling it on the front to catch the group.
Despite his best efforts it wasn't going to happen!!
' With half a lap to go, I could see a group trying to get across and the other lads in the break were nailed, so I went solo to the finish' said overall winner Zach May from Metaltek-Kuota
Many thanks to all that helped today be a safe and enjoyable race. Thanks to Noel Jones' family for their continued financial support and Paul Hayward of Cwmtillery Glass for his prize money donation.
1. ZACH MAY - METALTEK-KUOTA
2. BEN CARTY - PRIVATE MEMBER
3 GEORGE FOWLER - 1ST CHARD WHEELERS
4. GLYNDWR GRIFFITHS - BRISTOL SOUTH CC
5. JOSH BURNS - CARDIFF AJAX
6. MATT BECKETT - CARDIFF JIF
7. JOE WILTSHIRE - NFTO RACE CLUB
8. PHILLIP MASON - CLIMB ON BIKES
9. GETHIN LLEWELYN - WEST WALES CYCLE RACING TEAM
10. RICHIE HARRIS - CWMCARN PARAGONS
11. KRZYSZTOF CHROSTEK - CARDIFF AJAX
12. SAM DAVIES - ABERGAVENNY RCC
13 - MATTHEW CARLICK - CWMCARN PARAGONS
14. MATTHEW FRANKLIN - TEAM DIABETES
15. MALCOLM DIXON - DREAM CYCLING