Notice of Annual General Meeting on Saturday 8th December 2012
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Welsh Cycling Union for 2012 will be held at 10.30am on
Saturday 8th December 2012 at the Holiday Inn, The Coldra, Newport, NP18 2YG.
- 1. Welcome and apologies
- 2. Approval of the minutes of the previous AGM
- 3. Development Report
- 4. Performance Report
- 5. Acceptance of the Welsh Cycling Annual Report
- 6. Welsh Cycling Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2012
- 7. Motions for consideration
- 8. Election of Directors and President
- 9. Election of an Appeals Panel
Invitations are now being extended to Member Clubs for the following:
- Nominations for the posts of President and five Directors to be elected at the AGM
- Nominated Representatives from Member Clubs to attend the AGM
- Motions from Member Clubs for consideration at the AGM
Nominated Representatives of clubs who cannot attend have a right to appoint a proxy to vote on their behalf. A proxy form and guidelines will be circulated with the agenda at a later date.
Nominations for President and Directors to be elected at the AGM
The post of President and those of five Directors are eligible for election. Nominations for these posts are now being invited. In accordance with the Company’s Article of Association the current Directors are required to stand down and nominate themselves for re-election if they wish. Otherwise, nominations must be made by Member Clubs. Job descriptions for the roles can be downloaded from the Welsh Cycling website here
All nominations must be submitted on the President and Director Nomination Return
Slip by 5.00pm on Friday 26th October 2012. Please e-mail to email@example.com or post to
Rebecca Ransom at the Welsh Cycling Registered Office.
Nominated Representatives from Member Clubs to attend the AGM
As per section 4.3 of the Union Byelaws, your club is entitled to a set number of Nominated
Representatives at the AGM:
- a) One representative for up to 9 Welsh Cycling members.
- b) Two representatives for between 10 and 24 Welsh Cycling members.
- c) Three representatives for between 25 and 39 Welsh Cycling members.
- d) Four representatives for between 40 and 54 Welsh Cycling members.
- e) Five representatives for 55 or more Welsh Cycling members.
Your current qualifying membership can be found on the 2012 Club Membership Report. Nominated Representatives need to hold full membership of British Cycling/Welsh Cycling on the date of the meeting to be eligible to attend, speak and vote. Please note that current Directors cannot be Nominated Representatives.
Motions from Member Clubs for consideration at the AGM
Please submit any motions for consideration at the AGM on the Nominated Representatives Return Slip and refer to the guidance notes for the wording of such propositions that accompany the slip.
Please notify Welsh Cycling of your club’s Nominated Representatives for the AGM and any motions for consideration by 5.00pm on Friday 26th October 2012 using the Nominated Representatives Return Slip. Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Rebecca Ransom at the Welsh Cycling Registered Office.
All mentioned documents have been sent to Club Secretaries for completion.