As announced in March, all sanctioned cycling activity in Britain is currently suspended until June 30.
While we are extremely keen to ensure that cycling returns as soon as it is safe and appropriate to do so – in line with Government guidelines and emergency service and local authority advice – we know that the continuing and inevitable uncertainty is hampering preparations for events currently scheduled across all disciplines for July.
We are working closely with the organisers of these events to ensure that we arrive at the best outcome for them, the riders and the sport as a whole. In some cases, the decision has been taken to postpone or cancel events that currently fall outside of our suspension period.
The status of those events at National Championship or National Series level is listed below. If a National Championship or National Series event from any discipline is due to take place after June 30 and is not listed below, this event is currently still due to go ahead on its original, scheduled date. For events at all other levels, please continue to consult the events calendar, which is being regularly updated by our team.
National Championship and National Series events affected by the coronavirus crisis (in addition to all events originally scheduled to take place up to and including June 30):
- 3rd July - Wales Open Criterium (to be rescheduled)
- 5th July - HSBC UK | National Youth Circuit Championships at the LVYCC Festival (to be rescheduled)
- 5th July - 7th Junior Men’s CiCLE Classic (cancelled)
- 5th July - 5th Women’s CiCLE Classic (cancelled)
- 5th July – Circuit of the Mendips (to be rescheduled)
- 8th July – Sheffield Grand Prix (cancelled)
- 12th July - Stockton Cycling Festival Grand Prix (cancelled)
- 12th July - Scarborough Festival of Cycling (cancelled)
- 18th July - HSBC UK | Junior National Time Trial Championships (cancelled)
- 19th July - HSBC UK | Junior National Road Race Championships (to be rescheduled)
- 19th July - The Grasscrete Ryedale Grand Prix (cancelled)
- 21st July – Fort Vale Colne Grand Prix (cancelled)
- 26th July – Women's National Masters Road Race Championships (cancelled)
Once we are in a position to be able to confirm the lifting of our suspension, British Cycling will work with all organisers, discipline commissions, regions, Scottish Cycling, Welsh Cycling and officials to ensure that the rearranged calendar is as full, as balanced and as fair as possible, across the disciplines.