Cycling Legacy Development Officer, Glasgow 2018: Maternity Cover
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 (depending on experience)
Contract Type: Maternity cover until end of February 2019
Reporting to: Scottish Cycling Events Manager
Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 25th June 2018
Do you have a passion for cycling and want to work in one of the most exciting and fastest growing sports in the UK? Scottish Cycling is looking to appoint a dynamic individual to take on the role of Cycling Legacy Development Officer (Glasgow 2018).
Scottish Cycling is delighted to offer an opportunity in the role of Cycling Legacy Development Officer to cover maternity leave until March 2019, with possible opportunity to extend.
In partnership with the Glasgow 2018 European Championships, the role provides the opportunity for both Scottish Cycling and Glasgow 2018 to create and develop opportunities for cycle sport, whilst also supporting the delivery of successful cycling events as part of the European Championships.
The Cycling Legacy Development Officer is the main link between Scottish Cycling and Glasgow 2018 and ensures that opportunities presented during the 2018 Championships and beyond are maximised for cycling across the country.
The role of Cycling Legacy Development Officer will work closely with members of the Development and Performance teams within Scottish Cycling and the Glasgow 2018 Cycling team to deliver on the following key areas:
- Support the delivery of the Glasgow 2018 Championship, with specific focus on Commissaires and event volunteers.
- Implement the Cycling Legacy plan in conjunction with Glasgow 2018 and Glasgow Life, with a focus on Commissaires, Event Volunteers and Facility Development.
- Use the delivery of the European Championships to continue developing cycle sport across many areas including, but not limited to: the event volunteer database in Scotland, training opportunities for the event volunteer and commissaire workforce and club development.
- Support the implementation of the Championship cycling facility legacy opportunities.
- Work with other members of the Scottish Cycling staff team to support the delivery of the targets as defined in Scottish Cycling’s Strategic Plan and annual Business Plan.
Interviews will take place week beginning 9th July 2018
Scottish Cycling is the trading name of the Scottish Cyclists’ Union (a company limited by guarantee)
Registered in Scotland No. SC261263