Whatever your adventure this Easter, be Adventure Smart: Make your good day better
The Easter holidays are upon us and come rain or shine people will be heading off for adventures in the great Welsh outdoors! With the launch today of a new pan-Wales campaign we are calling on people to ‘Be Adventure Smart’. Whatever your activity, a few simple things to consider will help your day stay great and ensure that, at the end of the day, you travel home safely, looking forward to your next adventure.
The new website, Adventure Smart Wales, provides you with all the essential information you need to get outdoors, confident that you have prepared for a great day.
Ask yourself three simple questions before you set off:
- Do I have the right gear?
- Do I know what the weather will be like?
- Am I confident I have the knowledge and skills for the day?
From the weather forecast, time of sunset, tide times and lots more practical advice Adventure Smart Wales will give you the answers you need. You can also check out our three new short films showcasing the wealth of adventures to be had in Wales, highlighting how to be kitted up and in the know to be safe!
If you run a tourism business in Wales we need your help to encourage your customers to enjoy the great Welsh outdoors safely. We have provided a suite of resources and ideas ready for you to use, so please check out our Adventure Smart Wales Toolkit for Businesses (www.adventuresmartwales.com/toolkit) and let’s get people out enjoying our coast and countryside!
Adventure Smart Wales Partners
- Anglesey Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Adventure Activity Industry Advisory Committee
- Adventure Activity Licensing Service
- Brecon Beacons National Park Authority
- British Mountaineering Council
- Canoe Wales
- Clwydian Range and Dee Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Gower Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Llyn Peninsula Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Mountain Rescue England and Wales
- Mountain Training Cymru
- Natural Resources Wales
- National Trust Cymru
- North & South Wales Police
- Outdoor Education Advisors Panel Cymru
- Outdoor Partnership
- Pembrokeshire Outdoor Charter Group
- Pembrokeshire Coastal Forum
- Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority
- Royal Life Saving Society
- Royal National Lifeboat Institution
- Royal Yachting Association
- Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales
- Snowdonia National Park Authority
- South Wales Outdoor Activity Provider Group
- Sport Wales
- Swim Wales
- Wales Adventure Tourism Organisation (WATO)
- Wales Sports Association
- Water Skills Academy
- Welsh Cycling
- Welsh Triathlon
- Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Visit Wales
AdventureSmartWales is a 2 year project, part funded via the Welsh Government’s Tourism Product Innovation Fund with additional contributions from Snowdonia National Park Authority, British Mountaineering Council, Welsh Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Welsh Sports Association. The Welsh Government’s Tourism Product Innovation Fund aims to encourage closer joint working within tourism, to develop and improve the tourism experience for visitors in order to beneﬁt the tourism sector and local communities in Wales and to help grow the tourism economy in a sustainable way.